Unfortunately, we couldn't invite a lot of people to the baptism. The ward mission leader had a hard time getting ahold of the Bishop to schedule the building (our Bishop is a doctor and was extremely busy that week). So, we didn't know what time the baptism would be until 9:00 the night before. I was scrambling to at least get the assignments made for talks and music. Everything came together, though. I should know better. Anything involving the Lord comes together in the end, no matter how many challenges you have along the way!
Panda was baptized in my own baptism dress, which my mom made for me when I was 8 years old. She looked beautiful in it, although I had to wash it in hot water and put it in a hot dryer to get it to shrink a bit. Panda's smaller than I was at that age. I was worried that Panda would be scared of the water, but there was no squealing or squirming when she went under the water and came back up. And she only had to go under once--no errant foot peeking it's way up out of the water! Our Panda Bear is very brave (when she really needs to be).
For the program, Panda's primary teacher from our previous ward (we moved in October) gave a talk on baptism. Her aunt gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. I sang a solo--Panda's choice, "Faith" from the Primary Songbook. We played "A Man Without Eloquence" from the Church History DVD during that brief period when the baptism participants are getting changed and no one knows what to do to fill the time. It's about Brigham Young's conversion through the simple testimony of an unlearned man.

After the baptism, we ate some yummy food at a restaurant and headed home for lots of laughs and talking. Aunt and Uncle Bear had to head back to their home Sunday morning. It was a wonderful weekend!
After the baptism, we ate some yummy food at a restaurant and headed home for lots of laughs and talking. Aunt and Uncle Bear had to head back to their home Sunday morning. It was a wonderful weekend!
AWESOME! Congratulations to Panda Bear! Thank you for sharing the pictures. She looks so beautiful in your old dress. And Cinnamon's hair is getting so long!! Man I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteGood job, Panda Bear! :) We were in the Albuquerque Temple on Saturday having Helena sealed to us. It was a beautiful day! :)
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about Panda's baptism day and looking at all of the happy pictures. Very nice. :) Congratulations, Panda! We love you!
ReplyDelete