4th of July is my favorite holiday, but it was a bust this year. Boo-hoo! It's been in the 60s and rainy the past week or so (unseasonably cold--it's usually in the 80s). We were supposed to have a ward activity at the park--the Syracuse Symphony and fireworks--but it got rained out!! Papa Bear also had two 24-hour shifts, one on Wednesday, the other on Friday, so he was too tired to do much on the 4th anyway. We ended up grilling hamburgers inside on our electric grill and having a picnic dinner on the living room floor. The girls and I watched the New York Macey's fireworks on TV. They were very happy with the whole thing and didn't complain too much about not getting to go outside. I think I was more bummed than they were.
I was in heaven Sunday. I got to sub for the Sunbeams class. I love Primary! Still no calling for me. At play group today, the other moms said you have to hint to the Bishop that you want a calling or it will be awhile. I think I'll just cool my heels and enjoy subbing in primary!
Yesterday, we all went to the Syracuse zoo and saw Transformers at Carousel Mall. Syracuse has a nice little zoo. Panda was happy because they had the lions in an enclosed exhibit with glass windows. The big cats were squished up against the glass napping. That's the closest she's ever been (and ever will be, hopefully) to a lion. (Sorry no pictures right now. Have to figure how to get them off Papa Bear's phone. I forgot to bring the camera, of course.) Lots of monkeys and lemurs, deer and llama-related-thingamajiggers. One of the l-r-t's was running back and forth at the top of the hill like a lunatic. Crazy l-r-t.
Panda and Cinnamon also got to "milk" a cow near the sheep barn. It was a wooden horse and a wooden cow, with water tanks underneath and rubber nipples--oooh, is that a bad word, am I gonna get censored???---and a bucket to catch the "milk." Panda really enjoyed that and wants to go back to the zoo just to have the experience again. Lest you think she's made for farming, she just about threw up near the monkeys because they were so stinky!
Transformers was loud and boisterous and rather violent (although most of the violence was CGI alien car robot things). The girls liked it and didn't have nightmares, so I guess it was OK... It wasn't as good as the first one. There are better movies out there right now.
Panda lost another tooth, so she used her tooth fairy money to get a cup with a magnifying top to catch and study bugs. She likes to catch ants and torture, ah-hem, I mean take care of them. We have plenty of bugs here, like in the desert, but no big cockroaches, thank goodness.
I need to get some sleep. Wonder if it will rain tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment