Drum roll please...here's my first blog post. And there was much rejoicing in the heavens.
We are the Bear family. MamaBear (Mama), PapaBear (Papa), PandaLion (Panda), CinnamonBear (Cinnamon), and BabyBear (Baby). Of course, these are just nicknames, but if you know us, you'll know who's who. We just moved from Arizona and are now in upstate New York in the "North Country." When the cashier at the Korean grocery store brought our groceries out to the car, she saw our AZ license plate and said "Hot!" Yes, it's much cooler here in New York. I actually like it a lot. We'll see if I change my tune when winter comes! (There are actually signs on the streets that say "No parking November to April." Make way for the snow plows!)
Papa just got done with a 24-hour shift and is snoring away in daylight hibernation right now. I snored along with him for a few minutes. Panda and Cinnamon love our new cave. Panda tried to take pictures of a deer this morning, but Cinnamon came out the door and scared the deer away. All I had to say was, "I told you so." BabyBear has a definite sweet tooth (maybe we'll call him gummy bear if another baby bear comes along). Will not eat cereal or meats without some fruit mixed in. I think we know at least partly why he refused to bottle-feed. Formula just isn't sweet enough. He also loves his blankie and sucking on his fingers, just like Cinnamon. Cinnamon sucks on her ring and middle fingers. Baby sucks on his pointer and middle fingers. I swear, they should have been twins. Baby also has a hair fetish. We joke that he's just like that guy on Charley's Angels. He cries when I make him stop pulling out my hair. The nerve of that woman!
We are still lost amongst boxes. The packers did a pretty good job, although I found some of my China in a box marked "Christmas Decorations in Tin Cans." The packing paper is unbelievable. I think they chopped down an entire forest to make the paper for our move. At least we have recycling here so I don't feel so bad. Poor trees.
We get to go to a real live castle next week, so stay tuned for my next post! I promise pictures next time!
Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to read more blogs about your adventures in New York. We miss you terribly in Arizona, but we know you are where you are supposed to be! I am glad your family is enjoying it there so far. :o)
ReplyDeleteI thought of something you can do with the sheets of packing paper that aren't ripped or very wrinkled. Smooth them out, stack them, either roll them in a tube-shape and fasten with a rubber band OR fold them in half or fourths, then store them and use them as a cheap and plentiful source of drawing paper for Panda and Cinnamon. I LOVED to draw when I was a kid!
ReplyDeleteI will be checking back lots. I want pictures too :)Glad things are going well with your fam!
ReplyDelete